Get ready to dominate the dancefloor. Flex your remix skills on tracks from two of Japan’s top DJs, and you could secure club anthem status with our biggest gear giveaway ever.
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED APRIL 21st.
REMIX: REMODEL is headed to Japan. Shinichi Osawa and HILOCO neroDoll are two of the biggest club DJs rocking parties from Tokyo to Ibiza – and we’re giving you the keys to their tracks to go wild.
We’ve teamed up with our friends at iFLYER Japan so you can take your creativity to the next level and win our biggest prize haul yet with choice gear from Native Instruments, Livid and Korg PLUS a shot at an official release!
THE PRIZE HAUL
Remixes will be judged by the artists, iFLYER and LANDR. The 3 top remixers for each artist (total of 6 winners) will be awarded grand prize, 2nd and 3rd place prizes valued up to $2700 USD.
SHINICHI OSAWA PRIZES
- Grand prize:
- 2nd place:
- 3rd place:
HILOCO NERODOLL PRIZES
- Grand prize:
- 2nd place:
- 3rd place:
Winning remixes will be announced by iFlyer and on the LANDR Blog and social channels, PLUS the top 3 remixes will be featured on the LANDR SoundCloud page.
GET INSPIRED: ORIGINAL TRACKS & STEMS
Shinichi Osawa – “Frosted Tips” [LANDR Exclusive]
Shinichi Osawa is a bone fide club music legend in Japan. The DJ, producer and musician has released forward-thinking electronic music regularly since 1993, both with his band Mondo Grosso and as a solo artist. In recent years, his attention has turned to underground techno, releasing records on noteworthy labels such as Southern Fried, Dim Mak and Avex. “Frosted Tips” is a deep and melancholic track that was made for LANDR. It debuted on the LANDR SoundCloud page last December, and now available to remix for the first time ever.
Stems no longer available.
HILOCO neroDoll – “Come On” [Forthcoming on Gate Tower]
HILOCO neroDoll is one of Japan’s biggest musical forces, consistently ranking within top 10 annual “Best DJs in Japan” charts since her debut in 2006. Hiloco holds down numerous residencies as well as headlining slots at major festivals in Japan. Her original take on booming club sounds have reached all across Japanese film and television, and hit clubs worldwide via labels such as King Street Sounds, Hit Beat Records, and 4éme Étage. ‘Come On’ is a commanding invitation to hit the dancefloor and get lost in transmission, with a banging blend of atmospheric highs and thick deep bass.
Stems no longer available.
MASTER YOUR MUSIC
LANDR revolutionizes the mastering process with drag-and-drop simplicity, achieving results that rival professional studio work in minutes.
Drag and drop your track, get an instant A/B, and download your master, all within minutes.
Use LANDR to get your remix ready for any club sound system, and make it a true standout.
HOW IT WORKS
- Download the stems.
- Create your remix.
- Submit your entry before Monday, March 30th, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Submit your remix to our REMIX:REMODEL JAPAN group page on SoundCloud.
- Click here to upload your remix. You must have a SoundCloud account to do so.
- Please name your remix with the following format
- Shinichi Osawa – Frosted Tips [Your Name REMIX]
- HILOCO neroDoll – Come On [Your Name REMIX]
- Once uploaded, the group moderator will approve your submission, and your remix will be posted to the group. You will receive an email confirmation. The track will also appear on your SoundCloud account. Please do not allow your remix to be downloaded.
- Please note your remix will be publicly available. Share it far and wide!
- Let us know you used LANDR to master your remix. Add “Mastered by LANDR” in the track description.
- Deadline is Monday March 30th, 2015 at 11:59 PM Montreal (EST) time. Submissions after this date and time will not be accepted.
Judging begins immediately after submission phase ends. Remixes will be judged on originality, production skills, potential club anthem status and overall vibe. The selection committee is a seasoned panel of producers, with the final winners chosen by the artists themselves.
Winners will be announced on Tuesday April 21st @ 7 PM Montreal (EST) Time.
- Participants must use the provided stems and can add their own original music, purchased copyrighted material, and/or royalty free loops.
- The remix stems are provided to make a remix for this contest only. They can not be distributed elsewhere. The remix files cannot be used within other tracks without permission from the artist.
- All entries must be submitted through the submission links provided on this page to be considered valid.
- Participants are encouraged to master their remix using LANDR, but are not required to. File submission is subject to LANDR terms. Submitting a track signals agreement with these terms and conditions.
- Participants who do not wish to master their remix using LANDR can directly submit their entry here.
- Participants who do not wish to submit their remix via SoundCloud can directly submit their entry here.
- Entries must include the original mix title in the file name.
- Remixes cannot be distributed for sale.
- The best remixes will be chosen based upon the quality of music, production values used in making the remix, and the preference of iFlyer and the respective artist.
- There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
- No purchase necessary.
- Limit one submission per participant per artist (participant is allowed to submit a remix for Shinichi Osawa AND Hiloco NEROdoll.)
- Participants must use an active email address in order to be easily contacted once winners are announced, or be easily contactable via SoundCloud’s messaging service.
- Any contractual agreements for an official release of any remix will be made between the remixer or their representative, and the featured artist or their representative. LANDR is not responsible for any contractual obligations between the featured artists and/or their respective representatives and the remixers and/or their respective representatives.
Grand prize winner scores the latest TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 from Native Instruments, MS-20 mini Monophonic Synthesizer, direct feedback on your remix, host winners’ remix on artists’ soundcloud and a 1-year LANDR Pro subscription. PLUS the winning remix for HILOCO neroDoll ‘Come On’ will also receive an official release on Gate Tower Records.
3rd place will receive a TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 and a 1-year LANDR Pro subscription.
For contest support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.